Underlines not displayed

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sean Godley

Underlines not displayed

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Hi all,

I am having an issue with links at the moment. When I create manuals in Help and Manual all links are displayed with underlines. However, when I publish, only some of them are visible. Has anyone else had this problem? It creates some inconsistency - even on the same page in some cases - so I would like to fix this asap.

TIA,

Sean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Underlines not displayed

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sean,

What format are you publishing to? Also, are the links without underlines active or not? In WebHelp and CHM you can use CSS styles to control the appearance and behavior of links, and you may be using a skin that has that built into it. In some cases dead links will be disabled in the output and that could also be the cause.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sean Godley

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Hi Tim,

I am publishing to Webhelp. It's a strange situation as there are links created in an identical manner on the same page the have different outputs - some with underlines, some without - despite the fact that they are all underlined in help and manual before publishing takes place. All of the links and active. Some link to sections of the same manual, others link to online files.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Sean Godley wrote:I am publishing to Webhelp. It's a strange situation as there are links created in an identical manner on the same page the have different outputs - some with underlines, some without - despite the fact that they are all underlined in help and manual before publishing takes place. All of the links and active. Some link to sections of the same manual, others link to online files.
Please mail me a small demo project illustrating the issue and your .hmskin file at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it out for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.