Numbered lists formatting

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kif Taco

Numbered lists formatting

Unread post by Kif Taco »

I am currently experiencing a major issue with numbered lists. We are updating an existing user manual that was apparently created with one of the previous versions of H&M. The manual consists mainly of various numbered lists with the following formatting:

1) Text in bold

This format is used across the entire manual which has 300+ topics so we have to keep using it. But it seems that in H&M 7 it is not possible to use one font for the text and another one for the number. They both change. I tried everything. I even highlighted half of the text and changed it to bold, but the number changed as well. I tried to use the XML editor to change the font-weight of the numbers to normal, but when I saved, it automatically changed back to bold. I won't mention all the other issues I am experiencing with numbered lists because I have always found some workarounds so far. But in this case, the only thing that works with like 50% success rate is to copy an existing list, paste it where I need and change the text. But this is not a solution and it does not work all the time.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Numbered lists formatting

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kif,
But it seems that in H&M 7 it is not possible to use one font for the text and another one for the number. They both change.
This is possible. You just need to know that the formatting of the numbers is controlled by the formatting of the last character in the first item in the list. You just need to add a single space at the end of the first list item and format this as bold, which will be invisible, and then all the list items will be bold and the rest of the list won't.

You can find full instructions for this and other list formatting issues in the documentation here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... styles.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kif Taco

Re: Numbered lists formatting

Unread post by Kif Taco »

It works! Thanks a lot Tim.