No Wingdings

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Petra Zamburek

No Wingdings

Unread post by Petra Zamburek »

Hi!

after switching to the latest version the export of our projects didn't work anymore.
Reason was: we used some Wingdings :oops: (though this worked until 7.0.9 Build 3791)

So we removed them, but Wingdings are still used:
When we have a bullet-list, on indention-level 3 it's automatically formatted as Wingdings.
Please note: we didn't cutomize our bullets ...

Is this as designed or shouldn't bullets be used with indention?

Thanks,
Petra
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: No Wingdings

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Petra,

Windows-only glyph fonts like Wingdings have always been a bit problematic on cross-platform formats like PDF (and also WebHelp). Please try the current pre-release version of Help+Manual 7.3, there have been some recent changes made to that:

http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe

If this doesn't help please mail me a small demo project with some affected lists at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it. Maybe some more adjustments need to be made before 7.3 is released. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Petra Zamburek

Unread post by Petra Zamburek »

Hi Tim,

i'm sorry but i can't reproduce this.
We did'nt customize anything for the bullet-list, but looking to XML the bullets on level 3 are still using Wingdings.
After the upgrade to the latest version and removing all of our usings of these smart little Wingdings, the export crashed at exact that topic so i thought this is the reason.
Maybe there was still something in the cache - don't know, so at the moment it's ok.

Though we didn't change anything regarding styles or fonts, the export works fine at the moment.
Sorry for this question, next time i'll even do more research before bother you :oops:

Thank you
Petra
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Petra,

No problem -- this is a well-known phenomenon. 8) Send me a demo project if you do run into it again and can reproduce it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.