Fonts in Output WORD

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Svetlana Akulova

Fonts in Output WORD

Unread post by Svetlana Akulova »

Hello. Maybe this question already was, but tell me, please. I need to publish Microsoft Word DOCX files. I made my template Word-Template-Simple-A4.docx. I use variables like <%CHAPTER_HEADING1%> for section headings, including established need for me, the Times New Roman font (Snap1.png). But problems arise with the plain text. The text appears in Arial, left-aligned (I need wide). In my drawings the text is Russian, but I think the difference is the font visible (Snap2.png). How can I customize font?

And one more question. When you publish, if HM uses switches, then the text will always be alleged in an invisible table? (Snap3.png)

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Fonts in Output WORD

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Svetlana,
But problems arise with the plain text. The text appears in Arial, left-aligned (I need wide). In my drawings the text is Russian, but I think the difference is the font visible (Snap2.png). How can I customize font?
All the formatting in the content of your topics is defined in your project, not in the template. See this chapter in the help to learn how to use styles and manual formatting for this:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... atting.htm
And one more question. When you publish, if HM uses switches, then the text will always be alleged in an invisible table?
I think you are referring to expanding text toggles. The content of these is always in a single-cell table, by definition.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Svetlana Akulova

Thank you for the info!
Svetlana Akulova

Hello! It's me again.
I want to ask you one other question about fonts and styles. I found a solution for the previous problem but now have another question. When a project is unloaded in MS Word it has added new styles. Or rather, the new styles have moved from HM. The problem arises in particular this: numbered lists are uploaded not in the style that is incorporated into the template MS Word. I thought that it would be possible to copy these styles from the uploaded document, which was obtained from HM, but it turned out that it cannot be done.
I don't know if this problem have solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Svetlana,

Lists in Help+Manual are currently still not controlled by styles, they are a separate entity. You can choose formatting for lists with the list tools but those are really just formatting templates. The formatting applied is inline formatting, not a style -- it is the same as manual formatting. As a result, Help+Manual can't create list styles in Word, because it doesn't have any of its own. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.