Zoom in big resolution images

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

andreigherghe

Zoom in big resolution images

Unread post by andreigherghe »

I have to use full screen images (Full HD) of the interfaces and have big issues displaying them so they are visible on smaller resolutions / minimized windows.

Is there any type of script (for example on hotspots) to zoom in on the images, or open them in a lightbox? Or any other recomended solution for this problem? Using sepparate image toggles did not do the trick for us, unfortunately.

I have to mention that we are exporting the projects in .chm format, to use them in a Windows desktop application.

Thank you!
Andrei Gherghe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Zoom in big resolution images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrei,

If you are using the Microsoft CHM format you cannot zoom anything bigger than the viewer window itself, because nothing can be displayed outside the viewer. That is one of the restrictions of the CHM format and viewer, which Microsoft has not updated since it was released with Windows 98. The only way to get a bigger page is for the user to maximize the viewer itself.

The best way to get zoomable images is with the image toggle feature. Then you get a small preview version and when the user clicks on it the image expands to full size:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... nshots.htm

If you use one of the skins from the Premium Pack add-on, you get enhanced functionality with image toggles: On first tap they expand to the size of the viewer window. If the actual image is larger than the window the user can then tap on an overlaid (+) icon to expand to full size.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.