Conditional text with numbering styles

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Conditional text with numbering styles

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I create a set of instructions all with a numbering style.

I want to place conditional tags around the group of instructions, but I can only put the IFCOMMAND after the first number. In other words...

I want this:

IF COMMAND>1. Do this
2. Do that
3. Finish<END

But I can only do this:

1. IF COMMAND>Do this
2. Do that
3. Finish<END

I can get around it by putting the IF command on a separate line above, but I really don't want to do that.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Conditional text with numbering styles

Unread post by Tim Green »

I can get around it by putting the IF command on a separate line above, but I really don't want to do that.
That's the only option, because the "number" doesn't really exist in the source code. Since the list is numbered automatically it is generated automatically and displayed before the text. If you look in the XML editor you will see that there are no numbers anywhere. :)

When using conditional text on lists the first tag always needs to be at the END of the previous paragraph. Otherwise you will get an empty list item when the text is excluded.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Re: Conditional text with numbering styles

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Tim Green wrote:
That's the only option, because the "number" doesn't really exist in the source code. Since the list is numbered automatically it is generated automatically and displayed before the text. If you look in the XML editor you will see that there are no numbers anywhere. :)

When using conditional text on lists the first tag always needs to be at the END of the previous paragraph. Otherwise you will get an empty list item when the text is excluded.
:D

Cheers, Tim.