V3 Responsive Skin Font Size Too Large

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lgschwind

V3 Responsive Skin Font Size Too Large

Unread post by lgschwind »

I've searched the forums and help and found a few topics related but cannot seem to find a solution. My font sizes in the project are set to Tahoma 10 and then 13 heading 2 (to be consistent with the application), but when I publish to webhelp, the fonts look huge in the browsers.

Just based on the various font related information I could find in forum and help:
In the Project itself...
- I have HTML Export Options Font Encoding set to 'em REM'.
- I did change Font size of style "Normal" to 82% per Help instructions even though it is gray-ed out if em is set for encoding so I'm assuming it's not used. But, I still changed to percent, change from 100 to 82 then changed encoding back to em.
This did nothing.

Then, in the skin...
- I changed Font Size Encoding = 3 to 0
- Font Base Size = 100 to 75
Finally the font size stayed the same as it looks in H&M editor; however, I got the attached error message regarding font encoding. BUT -- the font size encoding in my project is set to 'em REM'. (There is no 'ems' in the dropdown as stated in the error message.) I provided screenshot of that setting as well.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Lisa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: V3 Responsive Skin Font Size Too Large

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lisa,

First of all, please make sure that you are using the current 3.22 version of the Premium Pack (check this in the title of the Premium Pack help chapter in the main Help+Manual help) and the current version of Help+Manual itself, which is 7.2.0 Build 4035. Older versions of the skins may have issues with font size on the current version of Help+Manual. If you no longer have your download credentials for the PP updates please contact me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll help you out. 8)

If you are getting the message that the skin font setting is not ems then you are definitely using an outdated version of the skin, because that is now hard-coded internally so you can't change it. You definitely don't need to set such small percentages any more. Actually, 100% should be just fine, so long as you have set a base font size of around 11pt in your project.

If you continue to have problems please mail me your skin and a small demo project at the support address above and I'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.