Is it possible to customize page referrer

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexander_Skripin

Is it possible to customize page referrer

Unread post by Alexander_Skripin »

Hello everyone,

Can you consult me if it is possible to customize page referrer and bring it to smth like this: See <%TARGETTITLE%> on page XX? Here XX should be replaced by the page number.

Current styles presented in HM 7 does not satisfy the customer.
Alexander Skripin
(Alex is ok)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to customize page referrer

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alexander,

Sorry, but that is not supported and is also not really possible. If it was possible, publishing a PDF would take many hours because the PDF would need to be re-generated completely when every reference is reached, because the texts would change the pagination. So the publishing operation would need to be performed as many times as there are references to pages with referrers. This is not necessary at the moment because the page referrers have a precisely-defined size that does not change at all.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tamara Pickrell

Unread post by Tamara Pickrell »

Ah, so I'm no longer the only person who has ever asked for this. (https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... 777#p61186) :wink:

I'd like to add my support to the idea of having some new options for page referrers. I understand the necessity of the standardized size, but I think that the box around the page number takes up a lot of space that could be used to have a larger printed number. The actual number is tiny and I can't be the only person producing printed documentation who finds it hard to read.
Tamara Pickrell
Alexander_Skripin

Unread post by Alexander_Skripin »

Hi Tim, Hi Tamara,

Thank you for quick reply. I'm sorry that I duplicated the question that was already asked and answered.

Currently, I'm trying to resolve this problem by publishing the project in docx file and configure referrers there. If I succeed to implement and automate it, I'll share my solution. Of course, if it is appropriate here on forum.
Alexander Skripin
(Alex is ok)