Are there any limits for using snippets in a project?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mady Dady

Are there any limits for using snippets in a project?

Unread post by Mady Dady »

I use snippets in my project

I ve made repository project and configured Repository Manager to use it
for ticket1.png
Everything worked good for now. But these are my last created snippets
for ticket2.png
And when i try to insert any of them in my topic i get this
for ticket3.png

I tried to reattach repository to my project, tried to reopen project and repository project, tried to restart H&M. Nothing helps. Are there any limits for using snippets, any maximum snippet number that i can insert into my project? Or whats the reason for this? And what can i do with this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Are there any limits for using snippets in a project?

Unread post by Tim Green »

The problem here is probably that you are using Russian/Cyrillic characters for the names/IDs of your snippets. This is invalid and will not work anywhere. You must use normal Latin ASCII characters for topic IDs and filenames.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mady Dady

Tim Green wrote:The problem here is probably that you are using Russian/Cyrillic characters for the names/IDs of your snippets. This is invalid and will not work anywhere. You must use normal Latin ASCII characters for topic IDs and filenames.
I use Latin characters for topic IDs. And Russian characters for topic titles - and thats OK. For example this snippet works quite good.
1.png
And yes i tried to use latin both in IDs and titles. I even tried to create a default "empty" New Topic as a snippet, changing nothing in default name, ID and content. And it doesnt work also.
3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mady Dady

any new added snippet just began to cause "missing snippet" mistake from a certain moment. any "old" snippet work good no matter what characters are used.
Tim Green
Site Admin

All the topics shown with Russian characters in their names are invalid. You need to change them all. The same applies to the folder names that you have created using Russian characters. They are all invalid.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mady Dady

Tim Green wrote:All the topics shown with Russian characters in their names are invalid. You need to change them all. The same applies to the folder names that you have created using Russian characters. They are all invalid.
No, Tim, Russian characters doesnt matter. I've retyped everything with latin symbols. And still got missing snippet mistake. Any other ideas?

snippet repository file
1.png

my project file
2.png
Mady Dady

it seems that i cant add any new snippet topic into my repository project after i have saved it as repository in hmxr file type. or better to say i can edit repository and add new topics to it, but trying to use these newby snippets in master project cause a mistake
Mady Dady

Finally i have caught it!

I must reattach repository to my master project in repository manager every time i add a new topic in my snippet repository. Though IDs for new topics are available in Snippet menu immediately. But trying to insert them into master project without reattaching repository cause a mistake. And i think this is more a bug then a "feature".
Tim Green
Site Admin

Well, it is assumed that the repository is linked to your project if you want to use its snippets with the "From Repository" option. That is also necessary to ensure that they actually use the styles from the repository, because the styles need to be linked to your project as well (although they can also be imported).

Technically, you can insert snippets from a repository without it being linked: You just need to use the From File option and then select the file from the repository. If the folder containing the snippet topics in the repository is also in the project search path list of your current project, then you can use it like that. However, you won't get the styles from the repository that way unless they have been imported -- and if they have been imported they won't update dynamically when they are edited in the repository.
Regards,

Private support: