Word template

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Natalia Kozinets

Word template

Unread post by Natalia Kozinets »

Hello!
Could you help me, please! I wona publish my project to docx with my own template, is it possible?
Now I was only successful with HM inbuilt templates, even if edit HM template, it does not work correctly :?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Word template

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Natalia,

What you are looking for are the instructions explaining how to edit Word templates in Word. You can find them here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... t_docx.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Natalia Kozinets

Hello, Tim!
Thanks for the link!
But it does not work still....It works only when I use standard HM Word template (e.g. Word-Template-Simple-A4.docx). Even if I delete the picture in this template and try to apply it (with original name and from the HM/Templates/Word source) - it does not work. I also tried to copy this template in my project's folder with no changes and it becomes invalid. In HM project in Compliler Messages here are no warnings/errors, nothing is displayed.... :vconfused:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Natalia,

Please send the template .docx file you have edited to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. Then we can provide instructions by mail on how you can avoid possible mistakes. We need to see the file itself to see what has gone wrong -- otherwise we will waste a lot of time trying to guess what the cause might be discussing back and forth on the forum. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the template. The key mistake was that you tried to enter the HM variables directly, instead of entering them as comment fields as required. You can find the instructions for entering HM variables as comment fields here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... fields.htm
Regards,

Private support:
Natalia Kozinets

Thanks! Now it works! :wink: