Division by Zero and blank articles

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brogacewicz

Division by Zero and blank articles

Unread post by brogacewicz »

Hello,

I updated to the most recent version 4180 (even tried reinstalling), but getting two errors.

First, any page of any manual project I open is simply blank. No text, no sign of life. The project opens, but every single article is simply blank. If I attempt to view the XML, I get an error "List index out of bounds (-1)".

Second, if I attempt to open any other project while anything is already open, I'm getting a "Division by Zero" error.

I've tried other projects, templates, nothing works. Every project opens to a blank. Only updates installed on the PC aside from H&M is a newer version of VMware player, VirtualBox, and an update to Microsoft's VS 2015.

Not sure where to go from here.

-Bart
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Division by Zero and blank articles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bart,

This is definitely not a general problem because you are the only user reporting this. Before doing anything else, please download a fresh copy of the installer, restart Windows and reinstall:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

If the problem persists you first need to find out if only one project is affected. Try opening the sample projects in the Examples folder in your My HelpAndManual Projects directory, and try creating a new project. If those work fine, and they almost certainly will, we need to have a look at the affected project. Please pack it in a zip and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
brogacewicz

Re: Division by Zero and blank articles

Unread post by brogacewicz »

Tim, I completely removed H&M with Revo, and after a reboot and reinstall things are back to normal. Perhaps a registry key zigged when it was supposed to zag. Thanks for the quick response!