WebHelp

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Mrskos

WebHelp

Unread post by Martin Mrskos »

Good morning Tim,

I am not sure whether we have already discussed this problem but even I have browsed through our previous communication (posts) I could not find it so here is my question:

Let's start from the very beginning:

1/ My project manager would like to know what browsers (IE, Chrome, firefox, Opera...) are supported by HM7, please? I.e. that means any displaying shall be OK, then?
Or, just on tthe opposite: what browsers are NOT supported?
How do we know whether a problem comes from a browser or HM?

2/ We face this problem:

a/ If we click on the open Section "Legislatila" (correctly it should be "Legislativa" but the trial version has changed it...) and the link with the Act: "Zákon č. 376/2015 Sb. o ukončení důchodového pojištění (see screen1, please):
screen1.png
b/ then we can read it (that is fine - see screen2, please)
screen2.png
c/ but when we click in the browser one step back then this section is closed but we would expect to be at the step b/ (see screen3, please):
screen3.png
Is it possible to sort it out somehow?

3/ We would like to change the header (use our own logo etc.).
We would like to surpress the left frame (content, navigation, searching and so on).

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.

Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: WebHelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

I have split your posting into a new topic and moved it to the correct Help+Manual 7 forum. Please don't start new subjects in old discussions, and please always choose the forum section matching the version of Help+Manual you are asking about. Thank you!
My project manager would like to know what browsers (IE, Chrome, firefox, Opera...) are supported by HM7, please?
All current major browsers are supported. This means Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac, Internet Explorer and Edge, and Opera. All browsers must be the current version. Old versions may work, but we no longer test for them. Old versions of Internet Explorer are NOT supported. That means that if you are using Internet Explorer, it must be the current version, just like all other browsers.

Links:
As far as I understand you, everything is working fine. Because of the way WebHelp needs to work (hundreds or thousands of different topics displayed inside a single page, along with a search facility and a keyword index facility) the Back button of the browser will not work in the same way as on a simple page that only contains a little text. In WebHelp you have a page inside a page, and the Back button will not take you back to the exact state of the previous page, it will just take you back to that page. That is all.
3/ We would like to change the header (use our own logo etc.).
You can do this by editing a copy of the skin. Open the .hmskin skin file in Help+Manual (you can open and edit it just like a normal project) and select Save As.. in the File menu to save a copy in your project folder. (You can't and shouldn't edit the original copy.)

Then add your own logo image to the skin by selecting Project files > Baggage Files in the skin and then selecting Add File in the Project tab at the top. Then choose your logo image and add it. There must be NO spaces or special characters in the image file name. If there are, it won't work!

Then go to Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables and enter the name of your image file in the COMPANY-LOGO-IMAGE variable. Then enter the address you want your image to link to in the COMPANY-LOGO-LINK variable. You can then change the background and other colors with the variables with the word COLOR in their names. You can find a list of web color codes you can use here:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp
We would like to surpress the left frame (content, navigation, searching and so on).
WebHelp is an integrated system and the Table of Contents is an absolute requirement. You cannot and should not turn it off, because it would make WebHelp unusable. You really shouldn't turn off the search and index either, but you can if you want to. Edit the skin and go to Configuration > Publishing Options > WebHelp > Navigation. There you can disable both the search and index tabs. The contents tab cannot be disabled, however.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.