gather all my images

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cedric peasebody

gather all my images

Unread post by cedric peasebody »

Hi,

My inherited project has multiple source folders for graphics.

I've now included enough folders and deleted enough images to get the one I want displayed in my document.

I have created a new folder to hold (only) the graphics used by this document - is there an automated way to save a copy of all the images (used by one document) in to my newly created folder?

I could just point the project at the new directory and then copy each of the ~200 images across until there are no red crosses in the document but is there a quicker approach?

Thanks again
cedric peasebody

Re: gather all my images

Unread post by cedric peasebody »

OK, working from report (as mentioned in other thread).

I now have a list of all the 'missing' images. I plan to delete everything and only re-add everything in my current report.

Please let me know if there is a quicker way.
cp
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: gather all my images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Please let me know if there is a quicker way.
Certainly, here you go:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... naging.htm

To summarize:
  1. Move all your graphics file to a single folder. Ideally, this folder should be inside the project folder. Then you can move the entire project with the folder without having to edit anything.
  2. Go to Configuration > Common Properties > Project Search Path and delete ALL the entries there. (This assumes that you have moved ALL your graphics!)
  3. Add an entry for the new graphics folder to the Search Path.
That's it. Help+Manual only references the graphic file names in your topics. It locates the files by looking in the search path folders from top to bottom and inserting the FIRST file with a matching name. So you do have to be careful not to have duplicate names if you use multiple folders,
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.