Style background color not applied to all text

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Graeme Webb

Style background color not applied to all text

Unread post by Graeme Webb »

Hullo,

I'm having an issue where the background color of a style is only being applied to parts of the text (see image). The part that is separated is modified and uses bold colors in addition to the style. I would like the background to extend to across the entire text segment.

Thanks,
Graeme

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Style background color not applied to all text

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Graeme,

I can reproduce this, but it actually has nothing to do with the bold part; the cause is the hanging indent. The background is only being applied to the block of text that excludes the hanging indent. This will become clearer if you add more text so that there are multiple lines in the paragraph. I'm passing this on to our developers for further comment and possible correction.

A workaround at the moment would be to add the same color as the background of the text itself in the font attributes, in addition to the background in borders and backgrounds. However, that will give you background only on the hanging indent itself, as a little tab projecting to the left from the body of the paragraph. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Graeme Webb

Re: Style background color not applied to all text

Unread post by Graeme Webb »

Ah yes that makes sense. I will forego the background color for now until a solution has be created. Thanks Tim!