Favicon

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matt harris

Favicon

Unread post by matt harris »

Hi

I'm using a Boxed Plain Grey Skin from the PP3.22 V£ Responsive Skin range for a webhelp. I can get the Favicon to show in Chrome but not IE11 or Firefox. I'm also using a proper .ico file created using an online favicon maker.

Unfortunately we have to use IE11 due to our security setup so need to find a fix

Thnaks

Matt
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Favicon

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matt,

I just re-tested this and the only place the favicon is not displaying is on Edge, and that only when displaying on a localhost connection. There too it works fine so long as the WebHelp is on a real web server.
I'm using a Boxed Plain Grey Skin from the PP3.22
Please do update to 3.30 which is now out. If you no longer have your credentials for downloading it contact me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll help you out. This shouldn't affect your favicon issue, however.

If you continue to have problems please mail me a copy of your edited skin (only a 3.30 skin please) and a small demo project and I'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
matt harris

Unread post by matt harris »

Thanks Tim

We're hosting locally so that will explain it

Regards

Matt
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matt,

Problems displaying favicons on localhost are known in both Edge and IE, unfortunately... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.