Can I override the skin for one setting? (Keyword index)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Can I override the skin for one setting? (Keyword index)

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Hello. I have a set of internal documents that don't use a keyword index (not needed; long story). The skin for that set of documents has "Include Keyword Index" un-selected.
(Publising Options > Webhelp > Navigation > [ ] Include Keyword Index)

However, ONE of the documents in that set could really use a keyword index. I would prefer not to have a duplicate skin just for that project because it means updating two skins every time I tweak it (and I'm a frequent tweaker...).

Question: is there some way to override that one skin setting for this particular document? Some way to say "use Skin X but ignore that bit about no keyword index"?
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Can I override the skin for one setting? (Keyword index)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,
is there some way to override that one skin setting for this particular document? Some way to say "use Skin X but ignore that bit about no keyword index"?
Sorry, this isn't possible. There's no way to change internal skin settings from outside when you publish. But you don't need to tweak two skins if they are otherwise identical: Just tweak skin one, overwrite skin two with the tweaked version and change that one setting again. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Hawco

Re: Can I override the skin for one setting? (Keyword index)

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Tim, that is why they pay you the big bucks. :-)
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco