Printing a topic (and children)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Dressel

Printing a topic (and children)

Unread post by Ed Dressel »

For proofing, I want to print just the selected topic and children. Is that possible? Right now, I print a while PDF then print the pages from the PDF to a shorter PDF. (I have an old copy of Adobe Acrobat which allows me to extract pages, but the resulting file, which is a small fraction of the pages of the original, is still about the same size as the original).

Thank you,

Ed Dressel
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Printing a topic (and children)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

There's an easy way to do this via the Print Manual feature in the File menu. First you need to set up a PDF template for these jobs in which only the Topics section is activated. All other sections should be turned off by selecting their page options and unchecking the Print this Section option.

Then select the chapter you want to print in the TOC (important). Once that is selected, select Print Manual in the File menu and select the PDF template you set up in the first step. Then click on the Table of Contents bar and select "Selected TOC Items Only", which will only appear if something is actually selected in the TOC.

When you then print, you will get only the selected chapter.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.