Migrating to another computer

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

chfrmeyer

Migrating to another computer

Unread post by chfrmeyer »

Hello,

yesterday our System Administrator provided a new computer vor me to replace the old one (and with Windows 10 to replace Windows 7).

How do I get wo work with Help & Manual (and premium Pack) on the new one instead of the old one?

Simply re-install and use my license Keys? Uninstall from the old Computer? Anything else to mind?

Thanks for your advice

Christoph
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Migrating to another computer

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Christoph,

Moving Help & Manual to a new computer is not a problem. First make backup copies of any files that you have created with H&M on the old machine (projects, print manual templates, graphics etc). Then just go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall on your current machine. After uninstalling, check whether the Help & Manual program directory still exists in the Program Files directory. If it does, this means that it contains edited versions of files saved by you or your co-workers. Also check the My Documents\My HelpAndManual Projects folder for files you need to back up. You don't need to back up the contents of the \Examples folder there unless you have edited anything or stored your own files there.

On your new machine then download the current installation file for Help & Manual here and install it:

Help & Manual 7:
http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html

After installing, use the option for changing or entering your registration/serial number in the Help tab to enter your serial no. and the security code you received when you purchased the program. (Keep these codes in a safe place so that you can use them to reactivate the program!). If you have lost these numbers just let us know at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @), our Records dept. can send you a copy.

That's it!
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
chfrmeyer

Re: Migrating to another computer

Unread post by chfrmeyer »

Thanks - I got it done

Christoph