Bullet Points Changing Colour

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sean Godley

Bullet Points Changing Colour

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Hi team,

I have been experiencing an issue with bullet points in that if text within a bullet point note is highlighted and its colour changed, the colour of the bullet point itself also changes. I assume that this is some kind of bug. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Sean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Bullet Points Changing Colour

Unread post by Tim Green »

Sean Godley wrote:I assume that this is some kind of bug. Is there a way to fix it?
No, it's a feature. See How to make bold and colored numbering and bullets here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... styles.htm

The formatting of list bullets and numbering is controlled by the formatting of the LAST character in the FIRST item in the list. If that is part of the text then the text and bullets will be formatted the same. If you want different formatting, you just make the last character in the first item a space and apply things like bold, color and a font to it. Since it is a space that formatting will be invisible in the list, but will also be applied to the bullets. The most common use for this is to make the numbering in numbered lists bold, which looks quite nice. (We use this a lot in our own documentation.)

8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sean Godley

Re: Bullet Points Changing Colour

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Okay great, thanks again Tim.

Sean