Featured image doesn't show

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Featured image doesn't show

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Just now trying the Featured Image for topics, for the first time.

I've tried two different images, but neither one shows anywhere. They don't show in the editor (I assumed maybe they aren't supposed to show there?), but neither do they show in local Webhelp output (not published to a server). In the Webhelp output, there *is* a blank space at the top of the topic which seems sized to the image (I've tried a couple different images, both .PNGs), but there's nothing in that space.

Ideas?

Using H&M 7.1.0.3920.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Featured image doesn't show

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

Which skins are you using? This is key, because the skin needs to support it as well.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Ah, I see...

Minimalist_Blue_Diamond is what I'm using.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Mark Wilsdorf wrote:Minimalist_Blue_Diamond is what I'm using.
That supports it fine, just tested it. Please check the instructions. Make sure that your topics with the images also have a description defined in the Topic Options (you need both a description and the image, they are both required), and that your image file name does not contain any spaces or special characters.

If you continue to have problems mail me a copy of your skin with a small demo project and the image you are using at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.