Insert External project

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Natalia Kozinets

Insert External project

Unread post by Natalia Kozinets »

Hi!
Need help, please!
I try to insert an external project in my working project (Merge content on Publishing). In my local copy - everything is ok I can see the content. Then I save it to SVN repository and when I check out it there is no external prj content, only one entry in the TOC (with red SVN mark), seems like HM cannot find it.
The external project is stores in another repository, may be that is a reason....What you think? :roll:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Insert External project

Unread post by Tim Green »

Natalia Kozinets wrote:The external project is stores in another repository, may be that is a reason....What you think? :roll:
Yes, of course. When you include an external project in a master project in Help+Manual the only change in the master project is a small link in the table of contents. There is no data from the other project included in your project. The other project stays where it is and continues to be a separate, independent project. Even if you activate the option to allow you to edit the external project inside the master (and we don't recommend this generally) the other project still remains where it is. It will be handled separately by SVN and must be synchronized separately, when you edit it on its own.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.