template issue

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mike Scott

template issue

Unread post by Mike Scott »

My compiled Webhelp output (using a 3.30 responsive skin) says (Compiler Messages):

" File extensions:
The existing template file in the output folder does not use the
same encoding or character set specified ("UTF-8") in the
Languages tab of the Configuration window.
Please update your template ..."

Afraid I've got lost. Is this a problem with the skin, the main H&M file I'm working on, Wrensoft? Where is the Languages tab I need please?
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: template issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

It sounds as though you may have edited something with an editor that does not store the files correctly in UTF-8. Please try publishing to an empty folder (or with delete files before publishing) using an unedited original skin to see if you are still getting that message.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Scott

Unread post by Mike Scott »

No joy yet. I have tried a different skin, an 3.30 unaltered responsive one, and with deleting all files in output folder.
The finished webhelp product looks OK and seems to behave properly (http://lexically.net/downloads/version7/HTML/index.html) but this uninterpretable error message suggest something must be wrong... somewhere! :?:
Mike Scott
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

Please mail me a small demo project that reproduces the problem and your configured .hmskin file and I'll check it for you here. Pack everything in a zip and mail to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.