Topic Header Background Colour in Templates

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Steve Gill

Topic Header Background Colour in Templates

Unread post by Steve Gill »

Hi,

In H&M7 I have the topic header background set to blue and the font is white. When I generate an EBook exectuable the background colour is white so the text is not readable.
EBookTopicHeaderBackground.png
Do I change this in the skin using the Premium Pack Toolbox? If so, can you please tell me where because I haven't been able to work out where I need to make the change.

Thanks,

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topic Header Background Colour in Templates

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Steve,

Although you can set the font color of the topic header you can't actually set the topic header background in the project itself if you are using a skin. What you are doing is setting the background color of the integrated HTML page template in the project, but when you are using a skin that template isn't used. It's replaced by the skin template.

When using that skin a blue background wouldn't look so good in the header anyway. I recommend that you set the topic header font to black or a dark color to match the skin, by editing the Heading1 style in your project. You can edit the background color in the project again to a lighter color so that it's more visible while you're working.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steve Gill

Tim Green wrote:Hi Steve,

Although you can set the font color of the topic header you can't actually set the topic header background in the project itself if you are using a skin. What you are doing is setting the background color of the integrated HTML page template in the project, but when you are using a skin that template isn't used. It's replaced by the skin template.

When using that skin a blue background wouldn't look so good in the header anyway. I recommend that you set the topic header font to black or a dark color to match the skin, by editing the Heading1 style in your project. You can edit the background color in the project again to a lighter color so that it's more visible while you're working.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the fast response. So are you saying I should reverse the colours of the topic header font and background to generate the EBook, and then change them back for the other publications?

Thanks,

Steve
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Thanks for the fast response. So are you saying I should reverse the colours of the topic header font and background to generate the EBook, and then change them back for the other publications?
Which other publications? No colors at all are transferred from the header to DOCX and PDF and Kindle and ePUB eBooks, so the only other ones in question would be WebHelp and CHM.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steve Gill

Tim Green wrote:
Which other publications? No colors at all are transferred from the header to DOCX and PDF and Kindle and ePUB eBooks, so the only other ones in question would be WebHelp and CHM.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes I'm refering to WebHelp and CHM. I'll just have to work around it.

= Steve