Save As Status Report: Error but no error?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Rob Beginner

Save As Status Report: Error but no error?

Unread post by Rob Beginner »

Hello,
Everytime I open a certain project I get an error message saying: "Warning: Help&Manual detected problems during the last Save As operation! The project does not contain all the topics! Please refer to the detailed error report."
The report shows that out of the total of 1.635 files, 1.635 were saved and 0 were not saved. So, I don't know which locally saved files to copy to the original project.

A bit of background information:
[*]H&M 7.3.2 Build 4260.
[*]If I remember correctly, the problem started after I deleted a topic and then gave an existing topic the name of the deleted one.
[*]The topic history feature is activated (I have not actually reset a topic to a previous version yet).
[*]The original project is saved and accessed over a network.
[*]H&M automatically creates a backup every 30 minutes.
[*]No one else accesses/edits/moves the original project.
[*]Some of the topic file names are rather long (longest: 96 characters) but not anywhere near the limit of 256 characters that my admin told me about.

I manually saved a copy of the project to my local disk but I still get the same error whenever I open the project.

My questions:
[*]Is this something to be concerned about? If so, how can I fix it?
[*]If there were any "unsaved, edited files from the cache", where exactly would I find them?
[*] What does the option "Do not show this message again" mean? Does it mean "Suppress this error in the future" or does it mean "Do not show me the same old error report again and again"? The report is not dated, so I am assuming the error actually occurrs each time I open the project.

Thanks in advance for you help. Apart from this issue, I am pretty happy with your product.
Rob
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Save As Status Report: Error but no error?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,

It sounds as though this is an unexpected edge case for the new rescue copy feature. What seems to have happened is the program has got confused when you deleted a topic and then created a new one. I've tried to reproduce this but haven't been able to yet. However, since it is telling you that zero topics weren't saved correctly my guess is that it's primarily cosmetic. Our developers are looking into it to see if they can reproduce it.

Since the copy of the project is showing the same problem it would be very helpful if you could zip it up and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that we can check it out.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Rob Beginner

Re: Save As Status Report: Error but no error?

Unread post by Rob Beginner »

Hi Tim,

sorry for my late reply and thank you for looking into it. I am going to send you a copy.

Rob