Could Not Insert New Folder

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Leah Guren

Could Not Insert New Folder

Unread post by Leah Guren »

Trying to follow the instructions in the Help to add a folder to the Project Files for topics that won't appear in the toc. Got the message: "Could not insert new folder! Please check if you have permission to insert a folder here."

Ideas?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Could Not Insert New Folder

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Leah,

If you want to add a new folder to Topic Files you have to select the Topics section or a folder below it. You can't add a folder directly on the Topic Files level. However, the Add Folder should also be grayed out at that level so the problem is probably another one: The message would then mean that your Windows account doesn't have full write permissions in the folder where your project is stored. When you are using the uncompressed HMXP format, adding a folder to the Topics section physically creates a folder inside the project folder, so your account must have permissions to be able to do that.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Leah Guren

Re: Could Not Insert New Folder

Unread post by Leah Guren »

They have me set up as Admin on this PC, so I don't think it is a Windows privileges issue. But I figured it out; I was trying to create a folder when I needed to add a file. Reread the instructions. I should never try to work before I've had 2 cups of coffee. :?

Thanks!