<TR> and <THEAD> content of style attribute gets reverted

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mikusss2

<TR> and <THEAD> content of style attribute gets reverted

Unread post by mikusss2 »

Hello,

I wonder if the following is a correct behaviour: I have some imported tables with <thead>, specifically:

Code: Select all

<thead style="vertical-align:top">
And I am unable to change the content of style in XML to any other formatting, than the vertical-align. Oddly, the same applies to <TR> style attribute, which I cannot change as well, it always gets reverted when I click the Editor and then go back to XML editing again.

Can you please advise if there is a way of changing the content of the <thead>/<tr> style attributes?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Michal
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: <TR> and <THEAD> content of style attribute gets reverte

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Michal,

You can't edit anything in the XML that is not specifically defined in the Help+Manual XML schema. It is necessary to use strictly-defined XML with zero tolerance for any deviations, otherwise it would not be possible to reliably export to so many different output formats. You can only apply those table formatting options that are available from the Help+Manual GUI. If they are not there they will simply be deleted silently when you switch back from the XML editor to the normal editor.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mikusss2

Re: <TR> and <THEAD> content of style attribute gets reverte

Unread post by mikusss2 »

I see, thanks for the answer.