'Paintbrush' for Impict entities?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Rob Davis

'Paintbrush' for Impict entities?

Unread post by Rob Davis »

Hi
We have a skin change - so I need to bulk-update some properties in a LOT of callouts - things like font, background and font color, and outline color.
Is there any way to 'copy' properties across a set of callouts?
(I do know that a new callout will open with the 'current' characteristics, and I can copy the text across - but I still have to re-create the size and position. It would be so much easier if there was a 'paintbrush' icon . . . )
Thanks
Rob
(And just to compliment you again - the ability to use .ipp files directly rather than converting to .pngs still blows me away - Thanks)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: 'Paintbrush' for Impict entities?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,

Sorry, but the IPP files are compressed binaries so there's no way that you can batch copy settings within them. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Rob Davis

Unread post by Rob Davis »

Hi
Yes - I wasn't that hopeful about a 'real' batch process.
But there might be a way (when an .ipp file is open for editing) to copy properties from one entity to another - so, for example, one could update one callout to the required look-and-feel-, and then copy the properties to the other existing callouts in that file?

Thanks
Rob
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Rob Davis wrote:so, for example, one could update one callout to the required look-and-feel-, and then copy the properties to the other existing callouts in that file?
That's an interesting proposition. It isn't supported in Impict at the moment but I'll discuss it with our developers. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.