Webhelp skin - widen the vertical bar

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tonea Morrow

Webhelp skin - widen the vertical bar

Unread post by Tonea Morrow »

Hello,

I need to widen the vertical line that separates the TOC frame from the Topic frame. WCAG requires enough contrast that visually impaired can see it. Right now, it is just a grey, dashed line.
Default Divider.png
If I make that line wider and darker, I meet the requirements. I know that went out of style a long time ago, but unless you can help me justify the current line then I have to change it.

I looked in the skin in Publishing Options > Web help > Layout, but my html isn't very good. I couldn't find it.

Please help.

Tonea Morrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Webhelp skin - widen the vertical bar

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tonea,

Which skin are you using? Whether this is possible and how you do it depends entirely on the skin type.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tonea Morrow

Unread post by Tonea Morrow »

I wasn't ignoring you, I was out sick for a week. :dunno: Sorry for the delay.

Webhelp, Responsive Blue, Keywordslist.hmskin

When I picked one, I wasn't thinking I'd need to keep track of which one I'd picked. I just copied it locally into my graphics folder and renamed it for this project. I think the above one is the correct one.

Hope you are having a happy holidays! (Though probably not if you are at work and talking to me. :D )

Tonea Morrow
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tonea,

I'm afraid you can't change the width of the splitter, at least not in a simple way. It would be necessary to rewrite the management script, and that is re-generated automatically by Help+Manual when you publish WebHelp.

(I'm having a very nice Christmas break thanks, just checking in briefly here... :santa: )
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.