atoc and table toggles

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

olgarev_tw

atoc and table toggles

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Hi!
I'm configuring v3.30 skin and going to use atoc in my proiects. When I add a table toggle with _atoc_ in its style name, the link in the atoc menu always doubles: the first link jumps to the collapsed toggle and the second link - to the expanded. While atoc headings without toggles behave well. So what do I do wrong with the atoc toggles?

I tried toggle without images, it was quite the same.
1.png
2.png
<para styleclass="Example_toggle_atoc_"><image src="hmtoggle_arrow0.gif" scale="100.00%" styleclass="Example_toggle_atoc_"></image><toggle type="dropdown" print-expanded="true" help-expanded="false" defaultstyle="false" translate="true" src-collapsed="hmtoggle_arrow0.gif" src-expanded="hmtoggle_arrow1.gif" styleclass="Example_toggle_atoc_"><caption translate="true"><![CDATA[Example]]></caption></toggle></para>
<para styleclass="Normal"><table styleclass="TableExample" rowcount="1" colcount="1">
<tr style="vertical-align:top">
<td>
<para styleclass="Normal"><text styleclass="Normal" translate="true">ex1</text></para>
<para styleclass="Normal"><text styleclass="Normal" translate="true">ex2</text></para>
</td>
</tr>
</table></para>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: atoc and table toggles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olga,
I'm configuring v3.30 skin and going to use atoc in my proiects.
That is out of date. Please update to 3.41 as soon as possible. Just use the same download link and installation password you received when you purchased to get the current installer.
When I add a table toggle with _atoc_ in its style name,
You probably didn't select the entire heading when you applied the style. Make sure that you select the entire heading from before the icon (if there is one) to right at the end before the paragraph mark. Also, don't use the same heading multiple times. Each heading should have a different text.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

Hi, Tim!

Thank you for the idea, I found the way out - when I first write down the toggle name, then apply style to it and after that create the toggle itself, it all works properly. But when I change the order (first create the toggle and then apply the style), it behaves wrong.

Can I ask you a few more questions then?
1) I want to switch on the Mail Feedback Option and protect it (from switching off accidently), can it be done in the skin somehow? I can't find the variable for that.
2) can the atoc menu be accessed from the smartphone (in the Responsible skin)? It is not available in the 'phone' skin now.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

olgarev_tw wrote:Thank you for the idea, I found the way out - when I first write down the toggle name, then apply style to it and after that create the toggle itself, it all works properly. But when I change the order (first create the toggle and then apply the style), it behaves wrong.

You can apply the style after creating the toggle, that is not a problem. You just have to be very careful to apply the style to the ENTIRE paragraph, and the paragraph can ONLY contain the toggle link, NOTHING ELSE. Then it will work.
1) I want to switch on the Mail Feedback Option and protect it (from switching off accidently), can it be done in the skin somehow? I can't find the variable for that.
Mail feedback is activated at publish time, not with an internal variable. You do it with the "Mail Feedback Option" in the "Skin Build Options" box that is displayed in the Publish screen when the skin is selected. Once you select this option once it will be selected automatically the next time you publish with that skin.
2) can the atoc menu be accessed from the smartphone (in the Responsible skin)? It is not available in the 'phone' skin now.
No, that is not currently supported, because there is not really any room for it on smaller phones and there is no way to detect the size of the phone from within the script. The resolution of the screen no longer provides reliable information about the size of the phone screen -- some quite small phones now have 4K screens. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

Got it, thanks again!