Content and Menu Color in ATOC Skin

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindynotbrady

Content and Menu Color in ATOC Skin

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

I'm using a CHM skin, and I want to change the color of the words "Content" and "Menu" in the ATOC and BTNNEXT variables. Our background is dark, so I need to change the colors on those words. I've tried a lot of things in changing the variables, but I don't think the color of those words is a variable.

See example below:

I've already wasted an hour on this, so I thought I would reach out to you to help me with how to change it.

Thanks!
contentmenutext.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Content and Menu Color in ATOC Skin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,

This isn't a variable because it's not assumed you're going to use a background that is so radically different from the basic theme color. 8) You need to edit the hm_topic.css file in the skin baggage. Open the file for editing, then look for these lines of code:

Code: Select all

/* Menu buttons text ON */
div.navdivs span.navOn {
	color: #000000;
	font-weight: bold;
	} 
/* Menu buttons text OFF */
div.navdivs span.navOff {
	color: #cccccc;
	font-weight: bold;
	}
There are two color values you need to change. the first one is for the text when the button is active, the second is for the text when it is inactive/grayed out. All you need to do is to choose colors for those that match your background.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindynotbrady

Re: Content and Menu Color in ATOC Skin

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

So simple. I should have searched for the word "text." Thanks!

Oh, and in the screen example above, the breadcrumb trail is not green. I was experimenting to see if I could figure out what CSS line changed the text of those items. So I used green so it would show easily.