Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl detected in HelpMan.exe

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mmccullo

Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl detected in HelpMan.exe

Unread post by mmccullo »

Windows Defender just reported detection of this trojan. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known false detection?
2018-01-04_01h59_56.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmccullo

Re: Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl detected in HelpMan.exe

Unread post by mmccullo »

This is reported for version 7.32. I also checked the installer and Windows Defender is still reporting the trojan detection in the installer file.

So... I uploaded it to VirusTotal.com and checked it. Nothing is reported as detected. ???
2018-01-04_02h30_36.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl detected in HelpMan.exe

Unread post by Tim Green »

We will check this but it is definitely a false positive. The installer is checked every day. Also, we are running Windows Defender on all our machines and nothing is being detected. It is highly unlikely that you have anything to worry about here -- unless the infection has happened on your computer. That is much more likely, unfortunately; otherwise Defender would be reporting this everywhere. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.