Full text search oddity

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Full text search oddity

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I am using a very slightly customised Flat_Blue_Diamond_Webhelp skin, and the standalone Zoom indexer. Build 4342 and the latest Premium pack.

1. If I do a full text search for a word, and click on one of the topic names, the topic is displayed but the word is not highlighted. I have to click on the topic name a second time in the search results to see the yellow highlight on the word. I thought it used to show the highlighted word(s) immediately. A user might not think of clicking a second time, and might struggle to find the word on the page.

2. On the second click of the topic name in the search results, along with the highlights appearing, the text above the topic name on the right changes to read: "Navigation: » No TOC entry for this topic «". Of course, there is a TOC entry, but it is not visible because the search pane is visible instead. This may only be a cosmetic issue but it is confusing.

Not a showstopper, but perhaps something that needs to be fixed.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Full text search oddity

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

These things have both already been identified and fixed and will be included in a maintenance update to be released shortly. I'm just laid up with flu at the moment so I don't want to do the final build until I have a clear head again... Probably at the beginning of next week. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.