While I realize this may be the wrong direction...

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DerekSchauland

While I realize this may be the wrong direction...

Unread post by DerekSchauland »

Good Morning all

I was curious if it might be possible to export H&M help to Markdown as an output choice? My employer uses OneNote for a good amount of documentation, however I am spoiled by the awesome that is Help and Manual and would like to keep in process documents there - then crank them out to Markdown and pull that document into OneNote as Markdown with conversion to OneNote standard formatting.

Just thought I would get some thoughts around this idea

thanks

Derek
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: While I realize this may be the wrong direction...

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Derek,

Markdown export is currently not supported, sorry. Since Markdown is so basic it would mean ignoring a very large amount of formatting and constructs that are possible in Help+Manual projects, and careful consideration would be needed to decide what to do with the un-exportable parts. We're actually looking into the possibility of Markdown import (definitely) and export (much more problematic) but it isn't something that could be implemented quickly or without much testing and planning. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DerekSchauland

Re: While I realize this may be the wrong direction...

Unread post by DerekSchauland »

That's what I thought the case might be. Import would be pretty excellent as well.

Thanks Tim

Derek