Adding the same variable to every topic page

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ryan Arvin

Adding the same variable to every topic page

Unread post by Ryan Arvin »

Hello! I would like to add a Last Modified date to the top of every topic page. I have tried inserting the text variable manually at the top of the topic page but it displays the html code, not the date, when I publish. I have also tried going to the Topic Options tab of the topic page and adding the text variable in the Topic Variable box but the date doesn't display on the topic page or when I publish the web help. Is there a way to add the variable to every page at one time? Here is the variable I am trying to insert: <%TOPICLASTEDITED%>
Thanks!
Martin Wynne

Re: Adding the same variable to every topic page

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Ryan Arvin wrote:Hello! I would like to add a Last Modified date to the top of every topic page. I have tried inserting the text variable manually at the top of the topic page but it displays the html code, not the date, when I publish. I have also tried going to the Topic Options tab of the topic page and adding the text variable in the Topic Variable box but the date doesn't display on the topic page or when I publish the web help. Is there a way to add the variable to every page at one time? Here is the variable I am trying to insert: <%TOPICLASTEDITED%>
Hi Ryan,

That's an HTML variable. It goes in the page template, not the topic pages.

Go to Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default (in the skin, if you are using one) and insert it in between:

<%TOPIC_HEADER%>

<%TOPICLASTEDITED%>

<%TOPIC_TEXT%>

It will then display in all your topics (all which use the Default template).

regards,

Martin.