font-size:95%

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

olgarev_tw

font-size:95%

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Hi!
I published the webhelp with the v3 skin (Minimalist) and found out, that font is always resized to 95%.
real.png
This makes all the images a little bit blur, like this (I placed it inside my topic and then made a screenshot).
blur.png
How can I avoid this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin Wynne

Re: font-size:95%

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi,

I'm glad someone else doesn't like everything being slightly blurred. It gives me a headache to look at it for more than a few seconds. Admittedly my eyes are getting old.

For that reason I have stopped using all the responsive stuff and gone back to fixed sizes. I prefer to leave it to the mobile devices to sort out for themselves how to display a web page on a small screen, rather than try to do it for them.

If you use the 99.90% option when inserting images, they won't go enlarged and fuzzy, but can still reduce to fit the page if necessary:
99p90.png
regards,

Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olga,

If you are seeing this setting in the V3 skins this means that your copy of the Premium Pack is out of date. This was changed to a default value of 100% some time ago, and everything else was adjusted to that. You just need to update to the current version (3.41) and use the latest version of the skin. Use the download link and installation password you received when you purchased the Premium Pack. If you have lost the original information contact us at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).

The settings for images that Martin is referring to here is not the same thing as that. His suggestion for the image settings is good, but you don't need to enter 99.9% yourself. Just choose the option for % of page size, maximum is original size and it will be done for you automatically. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

Hi Tim,
It's strange, I use 3.41 skin, and it is still 95% there. Using 99.90% size option helps sometimes, but not always.
Tim Green
Site Admin

olgarev_tw wrote:Hi Tim,
It's strange, I use 3.41 skin, and it is still 95% there. Using 99.90% size option helps sometimes, but not always.
Ah, now I see what the problem is -- you were using Inspect in the HTML console, not looking at the source code. That is a normal part of the zoom feature included in the skin. If you leave the Inspect console open and adjust the font size with the options in the More menu you will be able to set it to 100%. But that is just one setting among many and may not be ideal for all users. In the future we may add an explicit 100% setting. This is really designed in a forward-looking way for current high-resolution displays on both desktop and mobile devices. Even when you are not at 100% you will not see a degradation on those devices, only on older low-resolution screens.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

When I dock the HTML Console to the bottom, not to the right, the result is the same.
And when I manually uncheck the 'font-size:95%' option, I see the problems when moving the TOC\topic stplit bar - it 'jumps' slightely to the right after I release the mouse )
But I will switch to the '99.90' option, hope that will be enough.
Tim Green
Site Admin

olgarev_tw wrote:When I dock the HTML Console to the bottom, not to the right, the result is the same.
And when I manually uncheck the 'font-size:95%' option, I see the problems when moving the TOC\topic stplit bar - it 'jumps' slightely to the right after I release the mouse )
But I will switch to the '99.90' option, hope that will be enough.
I fear you didn't understand my answer... :wink: Click on the More menu in the WebHelp itself. You will then see options for making the text larger and smaller. If you click on the option for making the text larger once, you will see the size in the inspector change to 100%.
Regards,

Private support: