Topic headers display differently in chm file.

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marcel Kempen van

Topic headers display differently in chm file.

Unread post by Marcel Kempen van »

My topics appear at the top on a light green background in the H&M Editor. When I publish a chm then the topics appear on a dark green background and they are located halfway on the background and halfway on the white topic. See attached png file.

Where is the background colour of the chm topics defined and what determines the location of the topics in a chm file or is the band too short?
Welcome.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topic headers display differently in chm file.

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marcel,

The background color shown in the editor no longer has any connection to what you see in the output unless you are publishing a very basic layout not using a skin at all, just with the integrated standard templates in the project. When you use a skin all the layout and formatting of the topic page comes from the skin, not from your project.

The only real problem in your screenshot is the positioning of the title. Something is wrong there; you may be using a damaged skin, or one from an earlier version of Help+Manual that is not compatible with the current version. Which skin are you using? And if it is a Premium Pack skin, which version of the Premium Pack do you have installed? You can see the version displayed in the title of the Help+Manual Premium Pack chapter in the main Help+Manual help, or in one of the information topics in the introduction of that chapter, if it is an even older version.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Marcel Kempen van

Thank you Tim. I have the latest version 7.3.4 installed but the help manual chapter you mentioned reads: "If you can see this topic it means you haven't yet installed the Premium Pack skin package add-on for Help & Manual." The skin creates correct chm headings in a different project, see attached screen shot. I have tried to attach the skin's .hmskin file to the post but this produces the "The extension hmskin is not allowed" error. Shall I Email it to you together with the .hmxz project file?
Premium Pack.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marcel Kempen van

Thank you Tim. It is all sorted now. I compared the Heading1 styles for the two projects and found that the problem was caused by the Line Spacing. The Heading1 style's line spacing was set to "1.5 lines". I changed this to "Single" and the heading now fits in the green band. I also had to reduce the Heading1 font size from 24 to 20 for a better fit.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marcel,

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I can't see the right hand end of the header of your CHM so I'm not sure, but that looks like a Premium Pack skin. If you write a brief mail to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with the name you purchased HM under I can check your license situation and mail you a download link for the current version if you need it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.