Page referrers in PDF output are blank

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Page referrers in PDF output are blank

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Using H&M 7.3.2 bld 4260...

My PDF output has page referrer graphics everywhere they should be, but they are all blank. (Using the Large Print Icon referrer style.)

Am I missing a setting?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Page referrers in PDF output are blank

Unread post by Tim Green »

The current version is 7.3.4 Build 4380. Please update:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

It's best to not post questions before checking whether you are on the current version. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

OK Tim, so I updated to 7.3.4. That didn't fix the problem and I also got the "Cannot embed font" problem.

Researching that here, I updated to 7.3.5. That fixed "Cannot embed font" but had not effect on the blank page referrers.

I've been working on a book for 6 months that will go to printing within the next two weeks, and it relies heavily on the page referers... see the attachment :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

Please send a small demo project and your .mnl PDF template to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you. Please send a single-file .hmxz project. To do this select Save As.. in the File menu and choose the first option for Help Project (single file storage). This packs everything into a single compressed file. After that you can remove any topics not needed for the demo and send just the .hmxz file.

No need to send graphics for this. Just the .hmxz project file and the .mnl template file are all we need.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Will do.

I wanted to point out that the page numbers are present, just in locations offset from the page referrer graphic...

Mark Wilsdorf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

Yes, we can reproduce this. We're looking into it. :)
Regards,

Private support: