Is there a way to export a complete stylesheet?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Is there a way to export a complete stylesheet?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

I realize there is an easy way to adopt (copy) an existing H+M project's styles into a new H+M project.

In this case, I want a human-readable text that allows an outsider (i.e., someone who does not have an H+M license) to mimic the H+M text in a foreign program (that is, a program that's not on the list of outputs available from H+M, such as Serif's Affinity Designer.)

*example attributes:
font name, point size, format (bold, ital, superscript, etc.)
spacing
based on
next style
paragraph settings
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to export a complete stylesheet?

Unread post by Tim Green »

There's no export as such for the project stylesheet. However, it is all converted to CSS when you publish to WebHelp, so you can pick it up there. Depending on the skin you are using and the setting for the main content stylesheet name it will be called something like default.css or projectstyles.css. Otherwise you can find the styles definitions in the .hmxp project file, they are all together in a single XML block there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Re: Is there a way to export a complete stylesheet?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Thanks, I'll try the CSS / XML options. Maybe I can write a macro with Macro Express that will turn the meat of the content into a really-dumb-human-readable form, like a table format.