Suppressing Keyword tab - possible?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Suppressing Keyword tab - possible?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Skin: WebHelp_SlateGrey

Is it possible to prevent the Keyword tab from appearing in WebHelp?

If so, how?

The alphabetization routine doesn't seem to handle Japanese characters... in fact, I no concept as to how you alphabetize Japanese. Web info indicates that Kanji, Katakana, and Hiragana all have their own issues around sorting.
sizbut

Re: Suppressing Keyword tab - possible?

Unread post by sizbut »

Configuration | Common Properties | Publishing | Webhelp | Navigation | Include Keyword Index
Dave Gehman

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

:oops:

Thanks greatly.

Some day I'll have this mastered. I thought that the skin overrides the in-project configuration settings.

There seem to be 3 more or less parallel places to configure:
1. Checklist on the Publish dialog (which appears to override the skin, or at least handle things the skin + PPT doesn't handle)
2. The Configuration topic in the project (which I thought was overridden by the skin)
3. Many skin configuration choices in the Premium Pack Toolbox.

I'm going to have to make a map of what's where...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote:Some day I'll have this mastered. I thought that the skin overrides the in-project configuration settings.

It does. You need to configure these navigation settings in the skin, NOT in the project.
1. Checklist on the Publish dialog (which appears to override the skin, or at least handle things the skin + PPT doesn't handle)
Those are the include options to set things at publish time. They are actually the same as the other include options for conditional output. The only difference is that they are in the skin, not in your project.
2. The Configuration topic in the project (which I thought was overridden by the skin)
The Configuration section in the project isn't a topic. This gives access to all the settings for your project that are stored in the .hmxp project file. This file also exists in .hmxz projects, it is just stored inside the .hmxz along with all the other files. The .hmxz is really just a zip archive file that contains exactly the same files that an uncompressed .hmxp project contains.
3. Many skin configuration choices in the Premium Pack Toolbox.
Actually, all the configuration options there are just access to the variables stored in the skin. You can edit this just as well in Help+Manual itself, when you use it to edit the .hmskin file, in Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. It is just more convenient in Toolbox because that organizes the variables in sensible groups and provides plausibility checking for your entries and popup help for each variable.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.