PDF line-spacing

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

PDF line-spacing

Unread post by John Johann »

Hi Tim,
This is related to https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... 34&t=15217 but I did not want to hijack that topic.

I had been on 7.3.4 -- just installed 7.3.5.

I notice when exporting PDFs that the line-spacing (in my tables) seems to vary.
The text is formatted as Arial, 10 pt, Space before/After 0,08, Line-spacing Single, 1 in H&M.

When I open the PDF, the font size is 9,96. Also:

The first column in the table (labels -- mostly just one word) has line-spacing 1,2, space after 0.

The second column (description, longer text) has variable line-spacing 1,12; 1,57 and so on. The space after varies e.g. 0; 3,65. The line-spacing /space after in a second column table cell with multiple paragraphs (all formatted the same in H&M) also has variable line-spacing/space after within the cell -- not just from row to row.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF line-spacing

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

We need to have a look at a demo project for this for the ongoing beta development. Please send a single-file .hmxz project. To do this select Save As.. in the File menu and choose the first option for Help Project (single file storage). This packs everything into a single compressed file. After that you can remove any topics not needed for the demo and send just the .hmxz file. In this case we also need the .mnl PDF template file you're using. Mail them to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Hi Tim,
did my mail to support come through -- not pushing, just want to know if it arrived.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

Yes, we received it. Sorry I didn't confirm -- I wasn't able to see anything visible wrong with it and I sent it on to our developers for another look and haven't heard back from them yet. It would also be helpful if you could mail a small PDF generated by you with details on the specific places you think something isn't right. Everything looks absolutely OK when we publish it... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Just to close this -- seems to have been more a viewer/zoom-related issue.
Thank you Tim, Alexander.