Highlighting Search Term Matches in the Target Page

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

sizbut

Highlighting Search Term Matches in the Target Page

Unread post by sizbut »

I have a website consisting of multiple sets of HTML based documents, including a number of Help & Manual V7 webhelp outputs (using a PP V3 responsive skin).

The site also has an over-arching ZoomSearch based search engine.

If I do a search within one of the Help & Manual webhelps, clicking on one of the results will load the page with the matching search terms highlighted. I can see that the URL used for this is .../mytopic.htm?zoom_highlightsub=searchterm which is no surprise as its the same as used by the full ZoomSearch.

However, if I manually enter that URL into the browser the search terms are not highlighted. Ditto when the sites ZoomSearch shows a similar link.

Is it possible to have highlighting work regardless of whether the .htm?zoom_highligh=t or .htm?zoom_highlightsub= link is from the webhelp project's own search or from the parent website's ZoomSearch search.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Highlighting Search Term Matches in the Target Page

Unread post by Tim Green »

Is it possible to have highlighting work regardless of whether the .htm?zoom_highligh=t or .htm?zoom_highlightsub= link is from the webhelp project's own search or from the parent website's ZoomSearch search.
This probably won't work at the moment because of the way the URLs are handled by the skins. It is not expected that these query strings could come in from outside. I've put it on the ToDo list for future updates. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.