Webhelp build issues

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

uRko

Webhelp build issues

Unread post by uRko »

I have built HTML by using Webhelp template -> Responsive Blue, Keywordslist template and have 2 questions:

- How to change H&M logo in the left-upper corner?

- If I build the project using CMD, CSS seems to be missing. The build syntax is the following: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp /PDF="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.pdf" /V="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\var.txt"

BR,

Uroš
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Webhelp build issues

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Uroš,

You can change the logo in that skin by replacing the company-logo.png file in the baggage section of the skin with your own logo file of the same name. Or you can add your own file with its own name to the baggage and change the name of reference with the configuration variable in the skin:
  1. Open the .hmskin file in Help+Manual
  2. To add a file to the baggage select Project Files > Baggage Files > Baggage in the Project Explorer on the left, then select Add File in the Project tab. The file name must NOT contain any spaces or special characters. It won't work if it does!
  3. In the Project Explorer go to Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables to find the configuration variables for the skin. There you can change the name of the logo file to be used and also configure the hyperlink that gets executed when the user clicks on the logo. There are also plenty of other settings there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
uRko

Unread post by uRko »

Logo change worked like a charm.

What about the second issue?

- If I build the project using CMD, CSS seems to be missing.

The build syntax is the following: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp /PDF="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.pdf" /V="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\var.txt"
Tim Green
Site Admin

uRko wrote:If I build the project using CMD, CSS seems to be missing.

The build syntax is the following: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp /PDF="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.pdf" /V="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\var.txt"
You are not generating WebHelp at all there. That is a command line for PDF, which does not use CSS at all... :? For WebHelp you would need something like this, and you should always also include the /I= switch with the output format you are publishing to as the first value:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp /HTML="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\WebHelp\EN\index.html" /I=HTML /V="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\var.txt"
Note that when publishing WebHelp, the main file should always be called "index.html".
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
uRko

Unread post by uRko »

I have copied the wrong line since I also have PDF build. The right one is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp /HTML="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\HTML\index.html" /V="D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\var.txt"

So if I build webhelp using CMD file, some files are missing. Check att. where I compare folders.

Build console also is without errors...

[Info] Preparing topics
[Info] Preparing table of contents
[Info] Preparing project files
[Info] Preparing merged projects
[Info] Writing topics
[Info] Generating Webhelp
[Info] Compilation of D:\GiT\vtime\doc\Help\EN\USM-vTime-EN.hmxp started 28.03.2018 13:11:30
[Compiler Results] Generating Full-text Search Index...
[] Wrensoft Zoom Search Engine [Core Engine] Version 7.0.1022b (Build: Custom for EC Software)
[] Core Engine: Version 7.0.1022b (Build: Custom for EC Software) on Windows 8 [Professional Edition]
[] Core engine IPC ready.
[] Start indexing (offline mode) at Wed Mar 28 13:11:30 2018
[] INDEX SUMMARY
[] Files indexed: 22
[] Files skipped: 81
[] Files filtered: 0
[] Unique words found: 932
[] Variant words found: 190
[] Total words found: 3182
[] Avg. unique words per page: 42.36
[] Avg. words per page: 144
[] Errors: 0
[] Total bytes scanned/downloaded: 138684
[] File extensions:
[] Successfully created all required files
[Info] Compilation complete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Uroš,

You forgot the reference for the skin in your command line. You apply it with the /O= switch. (The missing files are all skin components.)
Regards,

Private support:
uRko

Unread post by uRko »

I have applied /O switch but still the same result. I have attached the debug window for additional info...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

First try with an original copy of the unmodified skin to make sure that there is not something in the skin causing the problem. If D is an external or network drive publish to a local drive instead. The folder should be inside your own documents directory to ensure that you have full access permissions.

If you continue to have issues please mail a small demo project, your skin and the command line you are using to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you.
Regards,

Private support: