Compiler Warnings

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Dressel

Compiler Warnings

Unread post by Ed Dressel »

I compile via command line and am getting warnings I am not sure what they mean. For example:

[Warning] The following topics are referenced by other topics, but not included in this build:
[Warning] Topic Calc_GapAnalysis referenced by GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1)

When I go to GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1) I cannot find anything that references it (Find/Find References). I am not why it is included, it is very similar (if not the same) as GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan.

I see this with a number of the topics, and a lot of messages are being sent to the log.

How do I clean it up?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Compiler Warnings

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

You need to check the other topic. The message
Topic Calc_GapAnalysis referenced by GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1)
Means that Topic Calc_GapAnalysis is being referenced. If you look in Find Referrers in that topic you should find that there is something in GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1) that is referencing it. However, this will only be found if it is in the same project. If you have a modular project, Find Referrers won't find the reference if it is in another project. Then you need to select the XML tab in GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1) and look for the reference to Calc_GapAnalysis there.

Note also that a topic ID with a number after it like GAP_TSP_FedSavingsPlan (1) is generally only created when you accidentally create a complete copy of the topic by CTRL-dragging in the TOC. (CTRL-drag creates a full copy, SHIFT-CTRL-drag creates an additional TOC entry to an existing topic).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.