Heading2 style with anchor

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mbgg

Heading2 style with anchor

Unread post by mbgg »

I have series of header lines in a topic to which I have applied the "Heading2" style. If I add an anchor to the heading line, the height of the header expands to about 5 lines (see attached file) in the CHM file.

The problem occurs only in this topic. I have done exactly the same in every other topic in the project without any problems.
problem1.jpg
I am using Version 7.3.5 Build 4434
:frustration:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Heading2 style with anchor

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Michael,

This is definitely not a general problem, it must have something to do with your style or something else in your specific topic or project. Make sure that the anchor is the first item in the paragraph on the left, before any other character, and select the entire paragraph AND the anchor and reformat it with the style. If you continue to have problems please mail a small sample project illustrating the problem to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

The anchor is in the header line (to the left of "Pen Width)". If I move the anchor to the paragraph (to the left of "Specify the pen width..") and reformat, then the .chm shows several blank white lines between the header and the paragraph. The file that I will send shortly will show this situation.
Michael

Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

This is caused by a small error in the skin you are using that only has an effect in topics without a header. If the header is there the script for the non-scrolling header makes the necessary change automatically. To correct it, please do the following:

1) Open the .hmskin file you are using in Help+Manual

2) In the Project Explorer, go to Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default and locate this line of code:

Code: Select all

a.hmanchor { display: inline-block; margin-top: 4em; padding-top: 4em }
3) Change the margin-top: 4em; setting to margin-top: -4m;, like this:

Code: Select all

a.hmanchor { display: inline-block; margin-top: -4em; padding-top: 4em }
After that the problem will go away.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

Hi-
I didn't notice that there was no topic header and I don't know how it disappeared. I restored the header to the topic and the problem was solved.
Thanks,
Michael
Michael