Word wrap in pdf header

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gunilla Svanfeldt

Word wrap in pdf header

Unread post by Gunilla Svanfeldt »

Hi,
I have an issue with my pdf template that I don't know how to solve. :frustration:

When my second level header is long and is displayed on two rows, the next second level header is displayed incorrectly. The first row is blank, and the header is displayed on the second row (as if there is an invisible line break inherited from the first header). This is repeated for all subsequent headers in the same chapter, but is "reset" and correctly displayed in the next chapter (until a new long header appears).

This issue occurs in all my projects that use my own pdf template. When I use a standard pdf template everything is correctly displayed. But I have done extensive work on my template and I don't want to start from scratch again. And since I don't know what I have done wrong I would run the risk of repoeating the same error...

Do you know what could be wrong?

Best regards,
Gunilla
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Word wrap in pdf header

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gunilla,

Not to worry -- this can be fixed easily by editing the text object for your second-level header in the Topics section of your PDF template as shown below. You just need to make sure that the anchors are set to left/top/right but not bottom, and that the word wrap box is checked:
pdf_wordwrap.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gunilla Svanfeldt

Unread post by Gunilla Svanfeldt »

Thank you for your prompt reply, but unfortunately this didn't solve my problem. I already had those settings in all my headings, but "just in case" I unmarked and then marked the selections again, saved and punblished. Still the same result. :-(

Do you know of anything else I could try?

Best regards,
Gunilla
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gunilla,

This is a little strange and I need to look at it directly to figure out what is going on. Please mail your .mnl template and a small demo project that shows the problem with the template to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I will check it out right away.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.