RENAMING TOPICS

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gillian Tronson

RENAMING TOPICS

Unread post by Gillian Tronson »

Hi - I noticed that if one clicks twice on the Topic name (in the contents topics down the left hand side of the page) you can rename it - but when you look at the "Topic Options" tab it only changes the name in the Title Tag - not in the Topic Identification - can someone please advise how to RENAME A TOPIC!
Martin Wynne

Re: RENAMING TOPICS

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Gillian Tronson wrote:Hi - I noticed that if one clicks twice on the Topic name (in the contents topics down the left hand side of the page) you can rename it - but when you look at the "Topic Options" tab it only changes the name in the Title Tag - not in the Topic Identification - can someone please advise how to RENAME A TOPIC!
Hi Gillian,

Where do you want to rename it?

To rename the entry in the TOC list on the left, select it in the TOC and then press F2 or right-click on it and then Edit Caption. You can then edit it in the TOC. If the header on the topic page is still the same as the TOC caption, it will also change.

To change the title which appears in the top browser tab for the user, go to Topic Options and then edit the <TITLE> Tag: box.

To change the topic ID and file name, go to Topic Options and then edit the Topic ID: box.

When you create a new topic, all these are set the same for you. But if you want to change them later you need to change them individually.

cheers,

Martin.
Gillian Tronson

Re: RENAMING TOPICS

Unread post by Gillian Tronson »

Thanks so much Martin - eish sounds very confusing cos I'm not all that familiar with the software yet - but it's in the Project Explorer window on the left, under TOC - those headings there. I reckon I must wade through the tutorial at some stage to familiarise myself better. But I will try what you have said and see what happens! thanks again.