Wow and Thank You

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

sizbut

Wow and Thank You

Unread post by sizbut »

Having a role in support forums for my own product I know how support can always seem to be a continuous stream of problems and issues. So here for a change, having a few months ago migrated some 70 documentation projects from HM V4 to HM V7:
  • Yesterday I needed to go through an images folder removing all the unused images from a large set I had created by just copying all the files from an older project. Guess how happy I was when, on running the new Full Report, I found the controls you've added to move all unused image files to a different folder. Fantastic and very useful.
  • Today I needed to create a set of 40 odd new topics for a glossary. Finding that the Add after selected topic menu has an option for entering multiple new topic titles in one go saved a lot of time.
  • Having already gone through translations for several updated projects, my translators are extremely happy with how much more streamlined the Tidy XML format is. I'm extremely happy with how easy it is to turn the translated XML files they return into a translated project and outputs.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Wow and Thank You

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hey, you're very welcome! We're not happy until you're happy... 8)

By the way: The Toolbox power tools utility now has features to further streamline your XML for translation by selectively finding and removing all manual formatting that adds extraneous XML tags. It can also speed up global integration of imported HTML formatting in your project stylesheet. See here in the Premium Pack documentation for information:

http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... oject.html
http://www.it-authoring.com/info/pp3hel ... tyles.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.