Anchor and Context Help

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Foersch

Anchor and Context Help

Unread post by Mark Foersch »

I'm wondering about context help that points directly to an Anchor.
This is what I did previously:
1. Create the Anchor and enter Anchor ID and Keywords.
2. I left Help Context blank.

I did go to Configuration> Miscellaneous Options and checked the box "Apply help context number to topic anchors (only for new topics)"
I tried a new anchor and it did automatically add a Context number.
While this helps, it didn't solve my issue because this option was previously unchecked.

ACTUAL QUESTION>
Is there anyway to get H&M to do this automatically for existing Anchors without Help Context numbers?
I realize I can get a number from the programmer and enter it here, or make up and add my own numbers.
Thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Anchor and Context Help

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

The Context Tool in the Project tab can automatically apply context numbers to all topics that don't have them. However, it won't do this for anchors, because that could create problems in projects with a lot of anchors where many of them don't need numbers. I'm afraid you need to do this manually... :?

By the way: If you ever do use the Context Tool to generate numbers, remember to set the increments you want to use in Configuration > Common Properties > Misc. first. Otherwise it will default to an increment of 1, which makes it impossible to insert numbers in between later if you need to.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.