How to change the header height?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Christian Kessner

How to change the header height?

Unread post by Christian Kessner »

I'm using a slightly customized iFrames Repsonsive blue webhelp theme, and I want to make the header line, where the company logo and the title are displayed, a bit smaller.
There is a setting that I thought would be it:

#hmheadbox {
position: absolute;
left: 0px;
right: 0px;
top: 0px;
height: 130px;

but when I decrease the height, the bar on the left with TOC and Search link becomes smaller, while the header itself remains unchanged.
How can I change the height of the header / title bar instead?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to change the header height?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Christian,

You're half way there: The #hmheadbox container actually contains both the header of the entire page and the header of the TOC pane. What you need to do is to adjust the top position of #hmcontentslider as well. The top of that is the bottom of the main page header, and that will achieve the result you want. You do need to reduce the overall height of #hmheadbox to match, however. Otherwise you will get a sliver of its background extending down into the TOC pane. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Christian Kessner

Unread post by Christian Kessner »

Hi Tim,

thanks for the hint.

Now I'm three quarters of the way there, hoping you can help me one more time.
The header and the navigation box look great. But now the box where the topic heading is, sticks out. How can I adjust that one?

Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Christian Kessner wrote:Now I'm three quarters of the way there, hoping you can help me one more time.
The header and the navigation box look great. But now the box where the topic heading is, sticks out. How can I adjust that one?
If you look at the topic header carefully you will see that it isn't possible to adjust it any more because all the available vertical space is already taken up (heading, breadcrumb navigation, navigation buttons, necessary space between all those elements). Trying to scrunch all that up wouldn't be a good idea, so what you need to do is adjust the overall header height *less* so that the TOC header area doesn't shrink so much, and move the slider element up a bit more to reduce the effective page header size to where you want it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.