Images do not refresh automatically

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Images do not refresh automatically

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Hello. I have recently noticed that images do not automatically refresh when the source image is changed. For example, I have a PNG with an "X" on it, and I go to the source image and change it to an "O." In H&M I still see the "X" version on the page, even if I go to a different topic and come back. If I publish the project, the result shows the updated "O" version, but I'm still seeing "X" on the topic page unless I manually re-embed it, or close the project and re-open it.

Until recently all I had to do to refresh the images on a page was pop over to a different topic and back.

Is this a new "feature?" Because from where I'm sitting it seems like a bug! :-)
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Ed Hawco

Re: Images do not refresh automatically

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Update: OK my bad. This only happens in projects where there is only one topic. (I've recently created a couple of single-topic documents... long story...) Apparently popping into CONFIG settings and back doesn't do the same refresh as popping into a different topic and back.

As I test, I created a second topic in one of those documents and when I go back and forth from one topic to another the refresh happens as usual. OK, move along. Nothing to see here...
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Since it was added, I have got used to using right-click on the picture, then Picture/Reload after I make a change to the image. But I would very much like to see fewer actions needed to achieve this. A "Reload Images" icon would be great if it could be added to the Quick Action toolbar or the Editing section on the ribbon.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

We'll consider adding a Reload Images icon in a future update. At the moment the fastest way to do this is to switch to another topic and then back again, or to use the Reload option for the image in the right-click context menu.

There's also another trick you can use: Instead of saving the image when you edit it, copy it to the clipboard in your graphics program. Then select the image in the HM editor and press CTRL+V to paste. HM will then paste the updated image directly to the image file and will also update it in the editor automatically. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.